Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Transistor Tester M328 H11888|26501

Here is another kit I got from Wish.They have a link to some directions, but It looked pretty suspicious being a dropbox and all, so I skipped that. The board itself is really all you need. The silkscreen has all the values on it, if your a novice the resistors are going to flip you out a bit. Not often you see .05% in kits like this but From what I can tell of the circuit it's warrented. The system itself can be powered by 9v or by an outlet, and you put a device on the test pad, or screw terminals, and it analyzes the device, telling you the Uf, and the B value, as well as the pinout, and if it's a NPN or PNP. I'm not positive what I tossed in there to test it with, I”ve a crap ton of transistors right now. I bought two of these, one for me and one for the local Makerspace (they need one fo-sho) Looks like a handy little tool for the shop, cheap enough if I break one I'm not too sad, and it's easy to put together if you pay attention to what your doing. As for Hackability, it runs on a ATMEGA328p and standard LCD screen. I'm sure with some clever Googling there is some code for this somewhere, I'd say, hack away. When I first put it together it didn't look like it was working. I adjusted the contrast till I saw 'timeout' tested again and it worked fine. It doesn't leave the values up for very long. I'd snap a pic of it so you can look at it later for reference. I'd love a pot that you can adjust the hold time on the results.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment