Friday, November 18, 2011

AVR Studio

So I decided to try something new, and downloaded the latest and greatest AVR Studio 5. Downloaded installed and created a new AVR C executable project, it asked for device, I told it and it made happy :).

As with anything it's hard to know where to start, so I just started playing around and found IO view.  First thing you'll want to do is Debug~>Options and Settings~>Text editor~>All Languages and check-mark line numbers. Yea I'm a noob and need line numbers. So I dropped in a simple blinky light, BUT I dropped one in from another chip. It was polite and let me know that certain ports were not defined, helped me correct it, compiled it to a hex file, ready for AVRDude to put it on the chip.
So I've downloaded and installed AVRStudio5 put in an incorrect program, built it, put it on a chip and had it work. It has a lot of tools that I don't yet fully understand, but I think I'll figure them out. But that... is another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment