Wednesday, November 11, 2009

First Posts are normally the most difficult, but this time...


We will take an exception.

I'm an Electrical Engineering student that honestly enjoys electronics. Opposed to those that just heard that they get paid a lot. So I do do a bit on the side. Of course I'm notorious for taking things apart.

Today is Veteran's day. I support the veterans wholeheartedly. I have my reasons. I took on a project today, Was kind of a surprise. It was a fiber optic ghost, they had dismantled the ghost part was was left with a geared motor that turned the filter, and a halogen light. That is what surprised me. I was expecting a set of white LEDs and a filter and a motor, but the whole thing ran on 7vac. That was the other surprise. I'm pretty sure it was AC power. The light wasn't coming on and they wanted me to check the voltages... no big deal those types of bulbs don't always 'look' burned out, and they are easy to mishandle.

The other project I took up was a video of WOW playing. I fraps ed it, put it together with some music I had lying around on the hard drive and sent it to him to see what he thought. We'll see I had always considered doing some tutorials, but never did. Perhaps I'll do them.

No comments:

Post a Comment