Thursday, November 19, 2009

Apperent Lack of Projects.

Yea I know.

I've been trying to clear my desk for the holidays. Not as easy as it sounds. Getting my homework caught up and ahead so I have nothing to worry about over Thanksgiving. Not to say I haven't been doing other things.

Kernel update. I used Windoz for well over two decades in my own home. So I did cringe when it said it was updating the kernel... went off without a hitch, other than it took awhile for my soundcard to figure itself out, but that was all worked out fine. I haven't tried the Wine programs yet, but for what I'm using it for right now it's working just fine.

eeeepc 701. le sigh. I don't work on this one much. I did crack open the OS like a melon, now it looks like a computer normally does. Xandros is a Debian thing and so it has a package manager that is pretty extensive. Samba is having a problem on it, as soon as I get it worked out I will have aircrack up and running. I assist people as a hire on nerd for their home systems, and may need to help someone back into their wireless network.

I've hit an interesting project that is a bit outside of my realm of expertise. Mental fitness. My brother is required to do mental fitness games. I was reading about it, and the brain is, for lack of better terminology, subject to atrophy. So to develop a way to exorcise the brain. Not as bad for a student, who has to constantly track long term projects as well as short term projects and is subject to constant social interaction. But particularly problematic for elderly. I'll put it on the back burner and let it simmer.

Back to the homework machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment