Sunday, December 31, 2017

Power Supply Build

Finished a project that I'd been working on for too long. A power supply. I built the kit at one point and liked it so I wanted to put it in a professional looking case. It needed a cooling fan though as well. I think I got the kit from Bangood as well as the kit, and I think the case. By itself the kit isn't bad. two rotary encoders set the voltage and current clamps, the LCD screen gives you pretty good feedback. but the problem is that the power transistor doesn't have a thermal sink with the kit. There is a second kit available that does this. So I picked that up. works great except.. if I put the fan on top of the thermal sink, it was too tall for the case I picked out. Additionally, the kit didn't come with a transformer. That was an easy fix though. Essentially, I wired the encoders to the control board. so the control board is behind the LCD screen. then the outputs are just right next to it. I've some knobs on the way, aluminum. But I think they will take awhile. So I decided to just post this now before I forget. I'm pretty proud of how it turned out. Simple, functional, and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment